Help US help YOU!

Check out the column on the right to vote on future content and to subscribe to future posts!

Monday, March 9, 2009

Product Review: Carpet Express

About a month ago the carpet in my office had become so gross I couldn't stand to be in there.  Our sweet and "innocent" dog Lilly decided to make it her master bathroom.  Have you ever tried to get dog pee smell out of carpet?  It is not easy.  My husband decided we should shampoo it or just rip it out and replace it.  (It was horrible.  Ewww..I'm having flashbacks.)  

We decided to try the shampoo route.  I called up our local Home Depot and rented this sweet machine called Carpet Express (at left) for only $25/day (or $15/hr if you think you can get this done in an hour).  It's so simple to use!  You just add the proper amount of shampoo (the nice man at HD will tell you) and fill the reserve up with hot tap water.  It's a shampoo/scrub/vacumn all in one easy step.   

Now that it has been about a month since I used the machine I am starting to see a couple spots returning.  However, I am pretty sure they are my fault.  I scrubbed this rug with so many different products that there is a build up or residue from the other cleaners.  In the places I never tried cleaning before they look brand new!

Rating:
User friendly- 4 Stars (some parts are a little wonky if you don't get them in just right and you can only go in straight lines)
Cost- 5 Stars (way cheaper than hiring a professional)
Smell- 4.5 Stars (the shampoo you have to use smells like baby shampoo to me)

Overall rating: 4.5 Stars!



2 comments:

  1. I've used one of these machines myself, and I loved it also. I was told that you should use one of these type carpet shampooers at least once every six months, and to even consider professional cleaning once a year. But to be honest, I don't notice a difference between the Carpet Express and the professional services.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the review, i am looking to rent one from the depot and will pull the trigger.

    ReplyDelete